Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Oh, the beach...

Yesterday was almost 80 degrees in NYC and it would have been an amazing day to hit Jones Beach on Long Island...but my husband and I chose to take our daughter there today when it was 63 degrees and so foggy you could not even see the ocean from the parking lot.  Go figure, but we like to do things that are unexpected so it ended up being very us.



Though we had taken her to the beach a couple of times before, this was the first time she was able to walk about independently and really explore what the beach is all about.  It was such a great joy to watch her learn about sand and breathe salty air for the first time.  There are times when I'm so tired I haven't showered for two days and can't remember the last real meal that I ate, but these are the times that I am so grateful for being able to experience the wonder of life and the world through Sofia's eyes.  It makes everything more....just more. 



No comments:

Post a Comment