Monday, April 25, 2011

This ain't your Gramma's quilt

One of my dearest friends is an avid quilter.  She  made me a gorgeous quilt for my 30th birthday, for my wedding and one when my daughter was born.  I remember when she told me that she was going to start quilting and I told her that I liked the idea of a quilt, but didn't like that all the ones I had seen looked like something you found at your gramma's house.  She laughed, told me she understood, but she wasn't going to make quilts like that, and indeed, she has managed to make gorgeous, contemporary (even, dare I say, trendy) quilts.  I am always impressed by her!


Kangaroo Stitches is also making some interesting quilts (among other things), but the best thing they offer is the custom quilt option.  That way you can guarantee that you won't be getting a gramma quilt, either for yourself or for a gift.  Rock on quilters of the world!


2 comments: