Saturday, March 26, 2011

For the kid in us all

Though I love to shop for things for myself, I find that most of the time now I'm cruising around online looking for things to buy my daughter.  I have heard anecdotally that you spend a lot more money on stuff having a girl than a boy.  I have no idea is this is true, all I know is that with the amount of adorable things for little girls out there, I'm in trouble!

Here is a great example, how cute are these little amigurumi animals from Teslas90?  I had no idea what amigurumi means, so I emailed Sarah, the owner and creator of these cuddly buddies and here is what she told me.  "Amigurumi is Japanese for small crochet stuffed animals It literally comes from a combination of the Japanese words ami, meaning crocheted or knitted, and nuigurumi, meaning stuffed doll."  Cool, huh?  The things you learn while shopping.


 Though I'm patiently waiting for Sofia's hair to really grow in and make these hairpins usable, I still like window shopping and making note of things I like for the future.  This trio of frolicking in the forest hairpins from Moncherie43 is really quaint and girly.  I'm not super girly, so I get to live vicariously through my daughter now.  Poor girl!



3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my hair pins! It would definitely make a great present for the youngsters =).

    Chelsea <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post, I really appreciate that you featured my Amigurumi animals.

    <3 Sarah

    ReplyDelete