Sunday, March 20, 2011

What inspires you?

Art is about inspiration and I'm always looking for things and people that inspire me.  One of my biggest sources of inspiration is my daughter, Sofia, who my Etsy shop is named for.  But not always in the way that you might think.  Here is an example. 

I bought Sofia this kind of AWESOME dress from Baby Gap and I just love everything about the way it looks, especially on her (I am a little biased).  I was watching her wander around the house and I was just struck with the desire to make something that captured the feeling of that dress for me.  Here is a picture of her in that dress...


  And here is a picture of the bracelet I put together with that image in my mind.

Of course, it's not exactly the same, but there was something about the feeling and flow that just translated for me.  This bracelet is black onyx woven together with very fine silver metal wire into little clusters that are roundish and pokey and shiny and cool. 

So where so you find your inspiration?



No comments:

Post a Comment